Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Progress update.....

No further on the kill switch. So I decided to finish the MPGuino instead:



That's right. the MPGuino is in the cluster itself.

Whee!

Here's how I did it.

There's only one spot this will fit in the cluster, slightly left of center. I didn't get a before shot, but you can see that this was all unused space. I hacked away until it fit:



As you can see, I had to cut away the bottom of the cluster to get it to align right. I also had to cut the overlay piece:


And the MPGuino fits like so:


Notice there are no buttons. Wouldn't be much good inside the cluster, would they? More on that in a bit.

I cut the black strip to fit:


And put the top back on:


Looks pretty good! Notice I filed the speedo down a little to improve the fit.

And plugged back in:


As I said, buttons have to be rerouted. There was a nice perforated section to break the buttons off, but it didn't break off so well......so custom buttons are coming soon, till then I'll just live with Big instant MPG screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment