Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Progress update.....

No further on the kill switch. So I decided to finish the MPGuino instead:



That's right. the MPGuino is in the cluster itself.

Whee!

Here's how I did it.

There's only one spot this will fit in the cluster, slightly left of center. I didn't get a before shot, but you can see that this was all unused space. I hacked away until it fit:



As you can see, I had to cut away the bottom of the cluster to get it to align right. I also had to cut the overlay piece:


And the MPGuino fits like so:


Notice there are no buttons. Wouldn't be much good inside the cluster, would they? More on that in a bit.

I cut the black strip to fit:


And put the top back on:


Looks pretty good! Notice I filed the speedo down a little to improve the fit.

And plugged back in:


As I said, buttons have to be rerouted. There was a nice perforated section to break the buttons off, but it didn't break off so well......so custom buttons are coming soon, till then I'll just live with Big instant MPG screen.