Eat More Chili!
Adventures of a mechanic, musician, and handyman.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Heres the latest:
I got the exhaust manifold off, after much frustration and wasted effort. The final step involved a sabersaw.
At least it's off.
So, on with the fun part. I disassembled the head according to The Guide.
Notice the rust on the camshaft, due to the water in the oil.
All the parts in order.
Look at this gunk I found - nasty sludge.
This is the intake valve #2 after cleaning. Seems rough surfaced, may replace.
First pass over the combustion chamber - looks pretty good.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post Comments (Atom)