Friday, April 9, 2010

Today I started on the interior. I found a piece of berber carpet leftover from carpeting the stairs in our house. It was perfectly sized! so I called on my very talented sister, who does custom seamstress work and tailoring.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very quickly the scissors were removed from my possession......She did most of the work, and I helped...really I did! I handled the Duct tape...

Posted Image

Anyway, the carpet is so thick I don't think I could fit a pad under it, so I didn't bother with that. Mostly it was cut and tuck, making little pleats to neatly go around obstacles. We got one side finished in three hours. I think it looks very nice, and I bet its the only metro in KY with berber carpet....

Posted Image

This stuff is a pain to cut, you have to cut the heavy backing and then each individual row of "fluff" has to be snipped off - otherwise it will unravel right up the line. Anyone who has installed this stuff knows exactly what I"m talking about.

So I'm pretty pleased, and very grateful....Thank you to our wonderful resident seamstress, who has proven her versatility once again!

EDIT: since I am in here fixing all this, maybe I'll throw in the finished carpet pics:

Posted Image - Posted Image

No comments:

Post a Comment